Dr Behzad Poopak
DCLS, PhD in Hematology
Owner and Laboratory Director
Education & training:
- May 28th -30th 2014 – Training: Diagnosis of Mature Lymphoid Neoplasms by Flow Cytometry, Swiss Flow Cytometry School, Geneva, Switzerland
- May 26th -27th 2014 – Training: Detection of Minimal Residual Disease by FlowCytometry, Swiss Flow Cytometry School, Geneva, Switzerland
- June 26 – July 6 2012- Training , Immunopathology & Cell Therapy Laboratory –Department of Pediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine- National University of Singapore- Center for Translational Medicine. MRD analysis of Acute Leukemia using FlowCytometry
- 22-26 November 2010- Training Course, Euroimmun Co. , Immunoflouresnce techniques (Manual methods, Microscopy, Automation & QC) Theory & Practice
- Thessaloniki Greece 24-25 September 2009 – ERIC Group Workshop, 3rd Educational Workshop on Immunoglobulin Gene Analysis in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Training Course, June 2007 Tettamanti Research Center – University of Milano- Bicocca Molecular diagnosis and monitoring of leukemias
- Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran / Iran Oct. 1999 – June 14, 2005: PhD. in Hematology & Blood Banking. Dissertation title: Molecular Evaluation of clonality and Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) in children with B-Precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia using Immunoglobulin Heavy chain and γ/δ T-cell Receptor Gene Rearrangements. Supervisor: Dr. Ali Akbar Pourfathollah, Ph.D. Committee members: Dr. H Najmabadi, PhD Dr. Y. Mortazavi, PhD Dr. MT.Akbari, PhD Dr. M Nourozinia, PhD Dr. M Farhadi, MD Dr A. Kamran Moghadam, MD
- Shiraz Medical Sciences University, Shiraz / Iran 1987 – 1992: Doctorate in Laboratory Sciences. Dissertation title: Evaluation Acute Leukemia in Adulthood (By Technicon H-1 & Cytochemistry including Pitfalls in diagnosis Supervisor: Dr. Ahmad Kazemi, Ph.D
- Iran Medical Sciences University, Tehran / Iran 1983 – 1986: Post – High school diploma graduating as a Laboratory Technician.
- 2004 – Present: Owner & Head of Payvand Medical Laboratory, Tehran.
- 1998-2006: Head of Medical Laboratory, Amir–al–Momenin General Hospital of Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
- 1996-2004: Owner & chairman of Soroush Medical Laboratory, Greater Tehran.
- March 2003 – Present (& 1991-1996): Head Hematology Department, Bahar Medical Laboratory (Private Lab), Tehran, Iran.
- 1996-1998: Design & Implementation, and commissioning of the Medical Laboratory, Javahery Hospital, Tehran, Iran.
- 2014-Present: Teaching Quality Assurance & Quality Management for PhD students of laboratory hematology and blood banking. Tarbiat Modaress University, Tehran, Iran
- 2009-Present: Teaching Hematology for PhD & MSc students of laboratory hematology and blood banking. Iranian Blood Transfusion Center, Tehran, Iran
- 2009-2012: Teaching Hematology for PhD students of laboratory hematology and blood banking. Tarbiat Modaress University, Tehran, Iran
- 2009-2011: Teaching Hematology for MSc students of laboratory hematology and blood banking. Paramedical College, Shahid Beheshti Medical Sciences University, Tehran, Iran
- 2012-present: Teaching Immunogenetics & Genetics of Physiology for MSc students of Genetics, Islamic Azad Medical Sciences University – Tehran Unit, Tehran Iran.
- 2006-2008: Teaching Physiology of Blood for medical students. Tehran Medical Unit – Islamic Azad University.
- 1992-Present: Teaching Hematology, Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine in both the theoretical & laboratory fields. Tehran Medical Unit – Islamic Azad University.
- February 2000 – Present: Lecturer on Hematology to post-graduate (MSc and PhD) students covering cytomorphology & Cytochemistry of peripheral blood & Bone Marrow Aspirations/ Quality assurance in Hematology/ case presentation. Tarbiat Modaress University, Tehran, Iran.
- 2006-present: Teaching lecture of Laboratory and Nurses, Blood transfusion, in medical surgery courses. Tehran Medical Unit – Islamic Azad University.
- 2000 – Present: Lecturer on Medical education including: Student assessment & Evaluation, Problem Based Learning. Educational Development Center (EDC), Tehran Medical Unit, Islamic Azad University.
- 2008-2016: Chairman of International and National Congress on Quality Improvement of Clinical Laboratory, Tehran Iran.
- 2008-2014: Head Paramedical Sciences College, Tehran Medical Branch, Islamic Azad University
- 1993 - 2008: Head Laboratory Sciences Department, Tehran Medical Branch, Islamic Azad
- 2001 – 2013: Member of Educational Development Center of Tehran Medical Branch, Islamic Azad University
- 2006-present: Member of Special Council of Hematology Department- Tarbiat Modaress University, Tehran – Iran
- 1992 – Present: Member of Educational Council, Tehran Medical unit, Islamic Azad University, Tehran Iran
- 2003 – Presents: Member of Research Council, Tehran. Medical unit, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
- 1992 – 1998: Head of Medical School’s Teaching Laboratories, Tehran Medical Unit, Islamic Azad
- 2001-2002: Research Assistant, Evaluation of Anti HBs Antibody levels in serum of workers in Amir-Al-Moemenin General Hospital, Tehran, Iran.
- 1995-1996: Research Assistant, Evaluation of Hematologic Parameters in victims of chemical warfare. Tehran Medical Unit, Islamic Azad University.
- 1994-1996: Head Research Project: Evaluation of Hb Electrophoresis with CBC in 980 cases of minor Beta– Thalassemia & iron deficiency anemia. Hematology Department, Bahar Medical Laboratory (Private Laboratory), Tehran, Iran.
- 1991-1992: Thesis Research Project: Evaluation of Acute Leukemia in Adulthood. Shiraz medical Sciences University. Shiraz, Iran.
- 2011- Evaluation of Common Polymorphisms of CYP2C19 to Determine Plavix Dose
- 2007-2010: Evaluation of N-myc amplification in children suffering Neuroblastoma
- 2007-2009: Evaluation of Jak2 mutation in myeloproliferative disorders
- 2002-2006: Head research Project, Molecular evaluation of clonality & MRD in childhood B-Precursor
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Using Immunoglobulin Heavy chain & T-cell Receptor Gene Rearrangements
- B Poopak, S Rabieipoor, N Safari, E Naraghi, F Sheikhsofla, G Khosravipoor. Identification of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 polymorphisms in Iranian patients who are under warfarin therapy.Int J HematolOncol Stem Cell Res. 2015.
- B Poopak, H Rastan, S Rabiei poor, N Safari, M Jahangirpoor, T Madani,GKhosravipoor. Evaluation of BRAF V600E mutation in Iranian patients with hairy cell leukemia. 2015. Journal of Urmia University of Medical Sciences. 2015.
- L Rejali, B Poopak, M Hasanzad, F Sheikhsofla, A S Varnoosfaderani, N Safari, S Rabieipoor. Characterizing of Four Common BCR-ABL Kinase Domain Mutations (T315I, Y253H, M351T and E255K) in Iranian Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Patients with Imatinib Resistance.Iran J Cancer Preven. 2015;8(3):e2334.
- Poopak B.,Kord Valeshabad A., Elahi F., Rezvani H., Khosravipour G., Jahangirpour MA., Bolouri S., Golkar T., Salari F., Shahjahani M., PCR Analysis of IgH & TCR- γ Gene Rearrangement as a Confirmatory Diagnostic Tool for Lymphoproliferative Disorders. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus., 2014 DOI 10.1007/s12288-014-0387-z. Published online.
- Poopak B., Saki N., Purfatholah AA., Najmabadi H., Mortazavi Y., Arzanian MT., Khosravipour G., Haghnejad F., Salari F., Shahjahani M., Pattern of Immunoglobulin & T-cell Receptor-δ-γ Gene Rearrangements in Iranian Children with B-Precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Hematology, 2 014 Jan 3.
- Rahnemoon AR, Zaker F., Izadyar M., Ansari S., Poopak B., Tadavosyan Y.,Prevalence of ETV6/RUNX1 Fusion Gene in Pediatric Patients with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Iran. Ira J Pediatr. 2013;23(6);681-686.
- Paryan M, Mohammadi-Yeganeh S, Samiee SM, Soleimani M, Arefian E, Azadmanesh K, Poopak B, Mostafavi E, Karimipoor M, Mahdian R., Investigation of deregulated genes of Notch signaling pathway in human T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia cell lines and clinical samples. Mol Biol Rep. 2013 Oct; 40(10):5531-40.
- Rahnemoon AR.,Izadyar M, Ansari S., Poopak B.,Tadevosyan Y., Moosavi SA., Falah Azad V., Prevalence of ETV6/RUNX, Fusin Gene in Pediatric Patients with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Iran. Journal of Scientific and Practical Medicine, 2013, 16(6-82):74-76.
- Rahnemoon AR., Izadyar M, Poopak B., E2A/PBX and MLL/AF4 Fusion Genes in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Iranian Population. Journal of Scientific and Practical Medicine, 2013, 16(5-81):38-40.
- Poopak B., Farshdousti Hagh M., Saki N.; Elahi F., Rezvani H., Khosravipour G., Jahangirpour MA., Bolouri Ebrahimi SS., Golkar T., Falah P., Jak2 V617F Mutation in Iranian Patients with Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: Clinical and Laboratory Findings. Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences, 2013, 43:347-353.
- Poopak B., Rezvani H., Farshdousti Hagh M., Saki A., Falah P., Khosravipour G., Jahangirpour MA., Bolouri Ebrahimi SS., Golkar T., Saki N.; Thrombophilic Mutations in Iranian Patients with Thrombophilia. Lab Medicine, winter 2013, 44(1):62.
- Pedram M.,Heidari M., Keikhaei B., Malamiri RA., Poopak B., Fekri K., Impact of N-myc Amplification on Median Survival in Children with Neuroblastoma. J Compr Ped, 2012, 3(1):32-36.
- Poopak B., Arzanian MT.,Vosough P., Gharib A., Hamidieh AA., Ehsani M., Parsania M., Yousefian A., Jahangirpour MA., Farahani K. Evaluation of MYCN amplification in Iranian neuroblastoma patients by conventional and Real Time PCR. Medical Sciences Journal of Islamic Azad University-Tehran Medical Branch.2011; 21(3):188-195.
- Poopak B, Rezvani H, DiFeo A, Martignetti JA, Khosravipour G, Yousefian A, Farahani K, Haghnejad Doshanlo F and Saki N. The first report of homozygous May–Hegglin anomaly E1841K mutation. European Journal of Haematology. April 2011; 86(4): 357.
- Sadeghi B., Abroun S., Poopak B.,Hajfathali A., Saki N., Vaghef N., The Role of Myeloma Cells to Osteoclast Activation. Yakhteh Medical Journal. Autumn 2010, 12(3):357-362.
- Poopak B, Yousefian A, Rezvani H, Sharifian R, Ghadiany M, Elahi F, Shahrasbi A, Jhangirpour M, Sadeghi B, Khosravipour G, Salahmand M, Farahani K. Frequency of JAK2V617F Mutation In Iranian Patients With Polycythemia Vera (PV), Essential Thrombocythemia (ET) and Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF). Medical Sciences Journal of Islamic Azad University-Tehran Medical Branch.2010; 20(1):29-35.
- Poopak B, Mirmongereh H, Pourfathollah AA, Sharifian RA, Rezvani H,Elahi F,Keyhani M, Ghadyani M, Kaviani S,Farahani K, Jahangirpour MA, Shamsian M.A.Evaluation of JAK2 V617F mutation in Iranian patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs). Blood (Khoon) winter 2009; 5(4):237-244.
- Yousefian A, Poopak B, Abolghasemi H, Azarkeyvan A, Farhadi M, sadeghipour A, Jeyhonian M, Pourkhayat MJ, Zare K, Farahani K. Molecular Diagnossis of B Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas By Evaluation of IgH Gene Rearrangement. Blood (Khoon) autumn 2008; 5(3):157-165.
- Poopak B, Latifzadeh Z, Abolghasemi H, Yousefian A, Khosravipoor G, Farahani K, Jahangirpour M. Malignant B cell Lymphomas versus Benign Lymphoproliferation, Role of Immunoglobulin Heavy Chain Gene Rearrangement Analysis. Blood (khoon) winter 2008; 4(4):285-295.
- Poopak B., Rezvani H, Martignetti J.A., Difeo, A., et al., the First Reports of May-Hegglin Anomaly from Iran and Homozygous E1841K Mutations in the World. Medical Sciences Journal of Islamic Azad University-Tehran Medical Branch.2005; 15(2):95-99.
- Poopak B., Pourfathollah AA, Najmabadi H, Mortazavi Y., et al. 2007. Molecular Diagnosis of Minimal Residual Disease in Iranian Children Suffering B-Precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Using Immunoglobulin Heavy Chain & Kappa Light Chain Gene Rearrangements by PCR. Blood (khoon) summer 2007; 4(2):123-136.
- Poopak B., Pourfathollah AA, Najmabadi H, Mortazavi Y., et al. 2006. Evaluation of Bi/Oligoclonal rearrangement of immunoglobulin & T-cell receptor genes in Iranian children suffering B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Medical Sciences Journal of Islamic Azad University-Tehran Medical Branch.2005; 15(3):113-120.
- Poopak B., Pourfathollah AA, Najmabadi H, Mortazavi Y., et al,. The Pattern of Cross Lineage T-cell Receptor δ / γ Gene Rearrangements in B-Precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia of Iranian Children using polymerase Chain Reaction. Blood (khoon) winter 2006; 2(6):203-214.
- Poopak B., Pourfathollah AA, Najmabadi H, Mortazavi Y., et al., 2005.Molecular Diagnosis of Clonality in B-Precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia of Children using Immunoglobulin Heavy and Kappa Light chain Gene Rearrangements. Medical Sciences Journal of Islamic Azad University-Tehran Medical Branch.2006; 16(1):1-7.
- Poopak B.,Pourfathollah AA, Najmabadi H, Mortazavi Y., et al., 2005.Analysis of IgH gene rearrangement using PCR for evaluation of clonality & MRD in children with ALL. Daneshvar June-July 2005; 57:21-26.
- Zanganeh M., Poopak B., Khavari Z., Valikhani M., Parsania M., Evaluation of Immunogenicity of Hepatitis B Vaccination in Health Workers. Medical Sciences Journal of Islamic Azad University-Tehran Medical Branch.2004; 14(1):13-22.
- Poopak B., 2004.Internal quality control in hematology. Azmayeshgah & Tashkhis , 1: 20-25.
- Poopak B., 1994.Quality Control in Diagnostic tests of Hemoglobin Disorders. Gashtag, 3(2):38-41.
- Poopak B., 1993. Significance of RPI in Evaluation of Anemia. Gashtag, 2(1): 31-32.
- Poopak B., 1993. Hemoglobin A2 & its Applications (Review). Gashtag, 2(1) : 20-22.
- Poopak B., 1992. Red cell Distribution width & its significance in Hematology. Gashtag, 1(2):35-36.
- Poopak B., Rakhshan M., Eftekhari H., 1992. Laboratory Diagnosis of Acute Leukemia. Gashtag, 1(2): 4-10.
- Roodbari F., Poopak B., Sheikhsofla F., Ghadiani M. Evaluation of frequency of kirsten rat sarcoma gene mutations in Iranian colorectal cancer. Tehran Univ Med J (TUMJ) 2016;74(6):392-9.
- Textbook of Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine, 2005
- Translation, Interpretation of laboratory Tests, J. walach. 1999
- Latest recommendations of ELN for diagnosis and treatment of chronic lymphoblastic leukemia. Sokhanvaran. 1394
Atlas of cytomorphology of Bone Marrow Aspiration, 2003. Tehran Medical unit, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
- Immunophenotyping & MRD assay using Flow Cytometry Quality Management in Clinical Laboratory Molecular Diagnosis in Lymphoma & Leukemia
- Cytomorphology & cytochemistry of Peripheral blood & Bone Marrow Aspiration
- Molecular Techniques, DNA extraction, PCR (conventional & Real Time) techniques, agarose & PAGE Electrophoresis
- Medical Education: Lesson Plan, Evaluation, PBL
- Computer skills: PowerPoint & words of office software