Medical Genetics Section
Chromosomal abnormalities can occur during the first embryo and sperm cells, or after birth, in any of the cells of the body. Changes in chromosome structure can cause defective genes, which disrupt the function of proteins made by these genes. Depending on the size, location, time and type of structural changes of the chromosome, different degrees of congenital defects, syndromes or even cancers are possible. While some other, chromosomal changes have no effect on one’s health.
Expert Genetic Personnel in Genetic Diagnostics Laboratory by using scientific findings, novel techniques and technologies helps to detect prenatal diagnostic activities of chromosomal abnormalities (such as Down syndrome, etc.), prenatal diagnosis of thalassemia, cytogenetic diagnosis of infertility, abortion And genetic diagnosis of malignancies (cancers) and other genetic diseases.
Important indicators of medical genetics include:
- Implementation of quality management system in accordance with national and ISO standards (10002 + ISO 9001)
- Continuous monitoring of the quality of testing with regard to internal and external quality control (in some cases)
- The speed of Genetic testing is less than 24 hours in emergencies.
- Employees with at least a master’s degree in related disciplines with the necessary knowledge and experience
- Applying world-class equipment and technology