Pathology is a branch of medical science that diagnoses the disease by performing a test on body fluids such as blood, urine, and tissues using chemistry and molecular pathology tools. The results of these studies are important in the diagnosis process.
Cytology is part of the pathology that examines the disease by the cell morphology, which can be used to diagnose cell malignancies (cancers), as well as inflammatory and infectious diseases. However, cytopathological tests are often known as smear tests, using a spread of cells on the smear and microscopic examination.
Important Indicators of Pathology and Cytogenetic sections are:
- Implementation of quality management system in accordance with national and ISO standards (10002 + ISO 9001)
- Continuous monitoring of the quality of testing with regard to internal and external quality control (in some cases)
- Speed of testing so that in emergency cases the test result time is less than 24-48 hours.
- Employees with at least a master’s degree in related disciplines with the necessary knowledge and experience
- Applying world-class equipment and technology